In continuation to the First captures of Ashok Leyland BS6 Trucks, finally we got to review the full fabricated Ashok Leyland 1920 BS6 – 32 Feet Rigid Truck delivered to one of the leading transport company M/s Kapoor Diesels in Delhi.
M/s Kapoor Diesels, happens to be the proud owner of one of the first BS6 Truck delivered by Ashok Leyland in March 2020. Finally after the nationwide lock-down, the Truck is fabricated, registered & ready to hit the road soon.
Speaking about the new BS6 Truck by Ashok leyland M/s Kapoor Diesels said they are confident on the performance of the vehicle. As per them since the vehicle is blend of iEGR & SCR (Technology named Mid-Nox by AL). They are convinced on the Mid-Nox Technology used by Ashok Leyland which as per him gives compact design & higher life to EATS Unit.
Below is the detailed review on the product in discussion – Ashok Leyland 1920 BS6 – 32 Feet Rigid Truck Chassis.
Also Read – ASHOK LEYLAND – BS6 RIGID TRUCKS PORTFOLIO
Have a Look…..
- The front look is impressive with Fully metal front facia. This is to give Longer life unlike FRP (Fibre Reinforced Plastic) & is easily repairable. Vehicle comes with Metal bumper for all variants with twin head lamp provision. This gives better visibility during night drives on Highways.
- Vehicle is fitted with Crash Tested M-Cabin – An all steel cabin with internal structure and tooled up panels. The new structure comes with improved strength and rigidity. The M-Cabin proudly flaunts the new styling and improved aesthetics.
- Load Rated Leaf Springs add to reliability & ruggedness of the vehicle. Eliminates the need of Leaf Spring addition from body builder side. Leaf Springs are rated 6 T, 7 T, 8 T and 10.5 T (Front) and (Rear) at 22 T, 26 T and 38 T.
- The NODO bracket is multi functional bracket that has passed the most stringent crash test. It helps in proving better NVH characteristics and is a design unique to Ashok Leyland.
- EATS – Exhaust After Treatment System designed for low Adblue consumption. With its compact size and industry first HC dozer, the EATS is able to provide the maximum efficiency with least cost to the customer. With Low Ad-blue consumption, Longer DPF regeneration Interval & Longer DPF Ash Cleaning interval, iGen6 (Mid-NOx) strategy EATS will ensure the most optimum operating cost to the customer.
- Cleat brackets & Fish plates are provided along with chassis for sub frame integration. The parallel U BOLT arrangement is given for better clamping, joint integrity and therefore better tyre life.
- The propeller shaft is Lubricated for Life thus eliminating the need for periodic Greasing. Fine pitch fasteners with ZAC coating ensuring better torque retention such that retightening frequency has improved from 40,000km to 80,000km.
- 375 ltr Cross linked polymer fuel tank has an advantage of high impact resistance and corrosion free operations.
- Lowered Cab and Lower First Step Entry – Ease of Ingress & Egress (entry & exit)
These is one of the few vehicles delivered by Ashok Leyland. Vehicle overall looks promising and good to go. Surely we don’t have any performance related parameters to share as of now but will surely be back after we capture the first hand report & Driver Feedback.
Till Then….. Keep Reading, Keep Sharing.