In this last blog post we will have a look at the Ashok Leyland’s – New BS6 Tipper Portfolio.
- Read Here – Rigid Heavy Truck Portfolio of Ashok Leyland.
- Read Here – Tractor Trailer Portfolio of Ashok Leyland
Tipper Range is the most abused segment with very heavy-duty cycle hence the requirement of rugged aggregates.
Tipper Range sees the wide range of Gear Boxes/Axles & Engine Power Points to take care of the different applications.
In a new, AL has in BS6 regime introduced new front Fascia & Cabins for its Trucks as below.
- M Cabin – Economy Cabin with Two Piece Windshield.
- U Cabin – Value Cabin for comfortable rides.
- N Cabin – High End Premium Cabin with host of Cabin Features for highest productivity.
Tippers are categorised into 3 variants based on their applications.
- Surface Transportation – Construction material being transported on the highways with limited exposure to off-road locations.
- Mining – As the name suggests, Tippers designed for Over Burden Removal or actual mining of Rocks/Coal come under this category. They come with loads of added features like Hub Reduction & Mining Tyres.
- Ready Mix Concrete Chassis – Tippers used for supply for Ready Mix Concrete to remote locations/Sites where setting up of a batching plant is not feasible or economical viable.
Below is the tonnage wise brief of the products. In this Article we will cover the Portfolio of Tippers from AL’s stable.
Tipper are categorized as below: –
- 18.5T Category
- 28.0T Category
- 35.0T Category
- 42.0T Category
18.5T BS6 Tippers Categorized basis GVW & Body Capacity as per the below Table: –
28T BS6 Tippers Categorised basis GVW & Body Capacity as per the below Table: –
35T BS6 Tippers Categorized basis GVW & Body Capacity as per the below Table: –
42T BS6 Tippers Categorized basis GVW & Body Capacity as per the below Table: –
Key Takeaways from the Product line up –
- While every other manufacturer is moving for higher powerhouse motors for high end tippers, AL is missing in action on that front. Beyond 250HP its still speculation that AL is working on 300HP Engine.
- 300HP Engine is a must if AL wants to make a dent in Mining Segment with 28T & 35T Tippers.
- 250HP – 4 Cylinder Engine might be a good alternative when it comes to fuel efficiency. But Ashok Leyland will have a hurricane task to convince end users on reliability on the engine.
- With practically one engine in the entire Tipper portfolio things should be easy when it comes to maintenance & Total Cost of Ownership.