In the previous article we had an overview of the Ashok Leyland’s Rigid truck portfolio. In this article we will go through the BS6 Tractor Trailer Portfolio of Ashok Leyland.
As a differentiator Ashok Leyland is projecting this patented Mid Nox technology in tractor trailers too. The three major benefits of Mid Nox Technology being considered are :-
- Higher Exhaust After-Treatment System (EATS) Life – Lower Maintenance Cost.
- Lower Ad-blue Consumption – Lower operational Cost
- Compact EATS Design – Higher Payload & lower maintenance
In a new, AL has in BS6 regime introduced new front Fascia & Cabins for its Trucks as below.
- G Cowl – Front Fascia with new styling & Improved Aesthetics.
- M Cabin – Economy Cabin with Two Piece Windshield.
- U Cabin – Value Cabin for comfortable rides.
- N Cabin – High End Premium Cabin with host of Cabin Features for highest productivity.
Below is the tonnage wise brief of the BS6 Tractor Trailer Portfolio.
- 39.5T Category
- 45.5T Category
- 55.0T Category
39.5T BS6 TT categorized basis GVW & Cabin Variant as per the below Table: –
45.5T BS6 TT categorized basis GVW & Cabin Variant as per the below Table: –
55T BS6 TT categorized basis GVW & Cabin Variant as per the below Table: –
Key Takeaways from the Product line up –
- 180HP, 190HP & 230HP EGR Engines are discontinued and so are the products associated with it viz AL3518, AL4019, AL4923.
- Ashok Leyland has relaunched 4 Cylinder Engine in 250HP for AL5525. AL during BS4 regime too had in initially launched 4 Cylinder 49T in Key Markets of Rajasthan & Punjab. AL had to rework the strategy due to low acceptance and shifted to 6 Cylinder Engines after a short while.