Ashok Leyland formally introduced its BS6 Trucks range across Rigids, Tractor Trailers & Tippers. The new product line is up for delivery and dealers have started receiving vehicles from AL Plants after the lock-down restrictions were lifted.
Ashok Leyland has shifted its entire product portfolio to new “H” Series BS6 engine generating 200HP under the hood.
It’s “A” Series 4 Cylinder 5.3L Engine is available on selected products generating 250HP. Reportedly Ashok Leyland is working on 6 Cylinder “A” Series Engine as well to power its Trucks & Tippers.
Unlike other manufacturers AL uses iEGR + SCR for entire its Heavy Commercial Range. Ashok Leyland has termed this as Mid Nox Technology . As a differentiator Ashok Leyland is projecting this patented technology as having the three major benefits viz:-
- Higher Exhaust After-Treatment System (EATS) Life – Lower Maintenance Cost.
- Lower Ad-blue Consumption – Lower operational Cost
- Compact EATS Design – Higher Payload & lower maintenance
In a new, AL has in BS6 regime introduced new front Fascia & Cabins for its Trucks as below.
- G Cowl – Front Fascia with new styling & Improved Aesthetics.
- M Cabin – Economy Cabin with Two Piece Windshield.
- U Cabin – Value Cabin for comfortable rides.
- N Cabin – High End Premium Cabin with host of Cabin Features for highest productivity.
Below is the tonnage wise brief of the products. Entire portfolio broadly classified into 3 Parent Product Lines – Rigids, Tractor Trailers & Tippers.
In this Article we will cover the Portfolio of Rigid Trucks from AL’s stable.
Also Read – Portfolio of Rigid Trucks from Tata Motors.
- 18.5T Category
- 28.0T Category
- 35.0T Category
- 42.0T Category
- 47.5T Category
18.5T Rigid BS6 Trucks categorisation basis GVW & Deck Length as per the below Table: –
28T Rigid BS6 Trucks categorisation basis GVW & Deck Length as per the below Table: –
35T Rigid BS6 Trucks categorisation basis GVW & Deck Length as per the below Table: –
42T Rigid BS6 Trucks categorisation basis GVW & Deck Length as per the below Table: –
47.5T Rigid BS6 Trucks categorisation basis GVW & Deck Length as per the below Table: –
Key Takeaways from the Product line up –
- 180HP EGR Engine is discontinued and so are the products associated with it viz AL1618, AL2518, AL3118, AL3718.
- Ashok Leyland has moved to Modular Platform which gives flexibility of wide range of Wheelbases, Deck Lengths, Cabins, Drive-lines.